Friday 31 May 2013

The Driveway is Driving Me Nuts!

Since we moved into our home, almost 9 years ago the driveway has driven me crazy. It's a funny shape thanks to the tree bylaw in our town, that all driveways / curbing etc. must be a minim of  3 meters away from the tree, hence the curved concrete curb & all the large beach rocks. The tree is a large pine and I despise the needles like a sickness, all the brown stuff in the rock area is actually dried up needles.  It's impossible to keep clean / tidy, we have to take up all the rocks, douse the weeds with something potent, put a ground cover on top, then put the rocks back - we have done it a few times and it's not a fun job!


So hubby & I have agreed that we've go to do something, I'm tired of little pieces of gravel being tracked inside and scratching the floor.
I like the simplicity of asphalt, so the kids can still do the sidewalk chalk


& be able to ride their bikes.



The other option is to do large pavers with grass joints like these. 





 I like the varying sizes, but with grass joints
There is a house in our neighbourhood that we both absolutely love and it has this style of driveway. I like how there is a subtle separation between the front lawn / grass and the driveway. My vote gets the pavers!

Thoughts?



1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the pavers with grass joints! We are actually getting driveway pavers at our own home at the end of this month. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.